Thursday, October 30, 2008

Update on My Golf Game

The new goal that I have set for myself was to beat my brother Ryan, and I got my first opportunity since setting that goal this past weekend. On Saturday morning, both my brothers and I went to Silver King (formerly Bay Oaks) to play the front nine. I had played all 18 the day before and shot an 84, an all-time personal best (par is 70 right now due to course construction). Therefore, my confidence was high heading into the round with my brothers. We were late getting our round started because the course was covered with fog that day. I started out very well that morning, though. After 5 holes, I was only +1 and beating Ryan by one stroke. However, I blew up on the 6th hole and made a quadruple bogey, which put Ryan ahead of me by two strokes after his bogey. I finished with a 45, while Ryan shot a 41 and Reed shot a 48. Thus, I have not accomplished my new goal yet. It will be done, though. Ryan is going down..and soon!!!

No comments: