Monday, October 13, 2008

Riding Bikes Today


Today, Betty Clair and I were able to take our bikes out together for the first time. We went for a ride at the park that I mentioned in a previous post. The path we took today totaled about 6 miles, most of which seemed to be uphill. We had a great time, though. There were a few pit stops along the way, but they were simply taken to give us time to enjoy the scenery. It had nothing at all to do with the many steep hills we encountered. Additionally, the contraption I made to carry the bikes worked wonderfully. It was a little cumbersome to put it all together when actually in the truck bed, however, because space was somewhat limited. It did ultimately perform as I had hoped, though.

Betty Clair was also in a cooking mood again tonight. She is starting to get really good at this. She prepared some sort of hamburger/hash brown casserole for dinner. I'm not exactly sure what the name of the dish was, but I do know that it tasted really, really good. We now have a refrigerator full of leftovers from her recent cooking endeavors. But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about that at all!

1 comment:

bendboyd said...

It is actually the husband's duty to ensure proper naming of all of his wife's meals. It alleviates confusion when yelling from the living room what your order for dinner is. No need to get fancy with it though, hamburger/ hashbrown casserole thing is probably a sufficient name. I'd consider shortening it though...you don't want to distract yourself too much from the TV.
Keep up the good blog.