Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just an Update

Betty Clair and I are in Grand Bay this weekend for Neely's (cousin) wedding. We left Nashville around five o'clock yesterday and got here around 1:00 a.m. The rehearsal dinner was tonight, and we are scheduled to play golf early tomorrow morning. I'm not sure the golf outing will occur, though. The weather here is horrible. It has been raining extremely hard for the past several hours, and it doesn't appear to be letting up anytime soon. I'll let you know how that plays out later.

On another note, I just finished watching Auburn lose their third consecutive game to West Virginia. It kind of makes me sick to my stomach. Our team is atrocious this year. I have no idea what happened to make them fall this far. There have been some unique and unfortuante circumstances this year, but it's hard to see how previous events could have led to a demise of these proportions. I'll be over it in the morning, but it is definitely pretty frustrating right now.

Update: Just got word that golf has been postponed. That kind of stinks!

Today actually was a really good day overall, regardless of the football game. It was nice to be around the family again. Hannah, our niece, is walking and talking now. She wasn't able to do that when we last saw her which was at our wedding. She's really changed a lot. I also got to hang out with my dog, Leroy. I've really missed him. Betty Clair even had him obeying her commands and fetching sticks for her. He really is an amazing dog. I think even BC started to realize that today. Maybe she'll be okay with him living with us one day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make your next poll one that asks whether you agree that Leroy is an amazing dog. I want to vote a bunch of times!