Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Random Thoughts of the Day

If you didn't already know, yesterday was World AIDS Day. Personally, I think this is a very unfair way to treat all the other sexually transmitted diseases in the world. If we are going to celebrate AIDS, I feel that we should also celebrate chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, and syphilis. Liberals should really want to jump on board with this cause since it shows equal treatment to all. Otherwise, people may begin to view AIDS as the "white man" of the STD's.

Who would have thought that poor, little Rosie O'Donnell would have her new vairety show cancelled after just one episode? I'll tell you who should have seen it coming...NBC! Will they ever get the picture? People do not like Rosie O'Donnell! They particularly don't want to see her sing and dance on stage with Alec Baldwin and other clowns. This is not the sort of thing people relate to very well. If it didn't work with Nick and Jessica, it should have been obvious that Rosie couldn't pull it off. To put it simply...duh!

Okay, I'll suck it up and mention the Auburn game this past weekend. First of all, I was WAY off with my prediction. I was just being a good fan and hoping for the best. I did think we could score at least once, though. Oh well! We were just not very good this year. Hopefully, we can make some strides in the offseason with our quarterback production, offensive playcalling, and overall consistency. There will be plenty of time for that since we won't be preoccupied with any thoughts of a bowl game.

Betty Clair and I put up our first Christmas tree on Sunday afternoon after getting back in town from Tallassee. It is relatively large (and heavy) for our modest apartment, but I think it is a good thing when your tree-topper nearly touches the roof. We only had to move a couple pieces of furniture to make it fit. There is also already one present underneath it since William and Sarah are way ahead of the game and have graciously sent out their gifts early.






And, yes, we call it a Christmas tree! Show me a Kwanzaa tree, and I'll think about changing my mind.

No comments: