Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dinesh is My Homeboy


During the downpour yesterday, my boredom eventually overcame my unwillingness to deal with the weather and I made a trip down to Books-A-Million to purchase my third Dinesh D'Souza book. The two I have most recently read are Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary Man Became an Extraordinary Leader and Letters to a Young Conservative. While there, I also decided to buy the George Orwell classic, Animal Farm. I felt I needed to read it again since it is a frequently used reference in other books I've recently finished and I don't remember much of it from the mandated reading of it in high school (quick read-only a few hours yesterday evening).

The D'Souza book I purchased yesterday is titled What's So Great About Chrisitanity. I'm really looking forward to this one. It's a little longer than the other two I've read, but I have plenty of spare time to devote to finishing it.

Here's a short review from Rev. Robert H. Schuller:

“With scholarship and eloquence that reminds me of C. S. Lewis, Dinesh D’Souza addresses the urgent questions of our time, such as ‘Is Christianity believable in the face of the discoveries of modern science and modern scholarship?’ His answer is a resounding yes. More than a decisive refutation of atheist attacks, this is a powerful, affirming, genuinely exciting argument for Christianity. You may want to carry this one around with you.”

As you can tell, this is a book I will probably greatly enjoy. I'll let you know what I think when I finish.

Now it's off to do some Christmas shopping with the wife. Oh, joy!

No comments: