Saturday, November 29, 2008

Iron Bowl


Unless you've been locked in a basement for 20 years, you know what is going on today in the state of Alabama. For those who are unaware, today is the Iron Bowl - the annual meeting of the two powerhouse football programs in the state. As a hardcore Auburn fan, I'm really hoping my struggling tigers can pull out some tricks today. Last time I checked, though, Vegas had the spread at +14.5. Personally, I think that's a bit much. UAT probably is actually that much better than us this year, but those setting the line in Vegas have failed to recognize how big of a rivalry this game really is. This game is very rarely a blowout for either side. That being said, Auburn has been so inconsistent all year that we could easily fall behind very early to the Crimson Tide who also seem to score a lot of their points early. That has seemed to be their mode of attack for the entire season. However, they also tend to let up some after gaining early leads. Hopefully, we can find some way to take advantage of this today.

It's not as if I really know enough to make an accurate assessment of how the game will be played out today, so I will stop trying. I will leave you with my prediction, though:

Auburn - 23
Alabama - 20

War Eagle!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sad day for the AU fans.

Plain Brad said...

you were slightly off here dude...