Monday, December 22, 2008

Tuesdays and Thursdays

As far as I can tell, Tuesdays and Thursdays seem to be the most popular nights in Nashville for any type of programs, games, or other events to take place.  Unfortunately, Betty Clair and I work all day nearly every Tuesday and Thursday, so we aren't able to participate in a lot of these things.

For example, last week I was told about a SEC Alumni basketball league at the YMCA.  I was very excited about this opportunity to display my short white guy skills for everyone.  But to my dismay, all games are scheduled to be played on Tuesday and Thursday nights only.

Just last night, I looked up the schedule for the Nashville Predators and was disappointed to see that all of their upcoming home games are also on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

The Young Auburn Alumni Club here in Nashville also has put a few little shin-digs together for any recent alumni to attend.  However, these have all fallen on, you guessed it, Tuesday and Thursday nights.  Therefore, we've been able to make it to only one of these events since moving here.

I'm not entirely sure why the trend is to have all events take place on Tuesdays or Thursdays.  I suppose these two are generally considered to be the least busy days to begin with.  But, since everyone apparently wants to throw their parties and play their games on these days, that point is becoming inapplicable.

I'm well aware that I probably sound a bit whiny, but this trend is a bit annoying.  I just want something to take place on a Monday, Wednesday, or Saturday so we will be able to enjoy it like everyone else.  This year, I am even going in to work on Christmas Day, which happens to fall on a Thursday.  Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it.  Like Momma always said... Life ain't fair!

No comments: