Sunday, November 9, 2008

Travelin' in Tennessee

It has been quite a few days since my last post. That is because Betty Clair and I have been out of town. We went on a little trip across the state this past weekend and spent Friday and Saturday night in the lovely town of Chattanooga (pictures coming soon).

We had a wonderful time while on our little get-away. We were able to tour the Chattanooga Aquarium on Friday, and we then made stops at both Rock City and Ruby Falls on Saturday. According to my mother, I've been to Ruby Falls before, but I have no recollection of this ever taking place.

The aquarium was very enjoyable, but we both admitted to enjoying the outdoor sights on Saturday a little more. From the main viewing area at Rock City, we were able to see at least a small part of seven different states...which I think is pretty cool! Since the leaves are aso now changing to their Autumn colors, the view was made even more impressive.

The claim to fame at Ruby Falls is that it boasts the tallest underwater waterfall in the world accessible to humans. The hike to reach this attraction was not particularly strenuous, but it would have been worth it even if it was. During this little trek, we were also able to witness many intriguing and fascinating geological formations. This brought up a little debate between Betty Clair and I about the difference between stalactites and stalagmites. I'll let you guess who was right on that one.

Overall, the weekend was very enjoyable and relaxing. It was nice to be away from home for a little while and see some beautiful sights. We are headed to Auburn this coming weekend to watch one of our biggest rivalry games with Georgia. Since we probably won't witness much there that will be enjoyable, I am glad we were able to do so these past few days.

Check back tomorrow for some pictures.

4 comments:

Reed said...

i may be wrong but i believe the way to remember it is that StalagMITES might fall. Therefore they are on the ceiling.

Ross Hatcher said...

You may be wrong? No, you are definitely wrong! Try clicking the link I included so that you could see the difference.
The way I remember learning it is that stalaGmites are on the Ground (G-G) and stalaCtites are on the Ceiling (C-C).

Anonymous said...

Only the two of you could argue
via a blog

Plain Brad said...

I wonder who anonymous could be?