Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Now I See

I now wear glasses.  For vision.  On my face.

I have been for about six days, and I feel like singing Aladdin's "A Whole New World."  There definitely appears to be a "dazzling place I never knew."

For example, did you know that trees actually still have leaves when you're more than ten feet away from them?  I didn't.  For years, I have been under the assumption that they mysteriously turn into a green and brown blur when humans move beyond a specified distance.  Who knew?

Blair is also even cuter than I had realized.  My original claim was that she is the prettiest child in the state, but I am now willing to extend that to a national title based on my newly acquired perception.  Those wonderful Hatcher genes are even better than I thought.

For the past several days, I have spent a considerable amount of time sliding my glasses up and down my nose in order to contrast the things I've been missing and the things I can now see.  It is simply amazing!  I can notice the individual grains in a piece of wood.  I can read road signs that I was previously unaware even contained words.

My new accessories also provide another benefit.  People I meet now think I am at least 20 years old as opposed to the previous misconception that I was a freshman in high school.  This may prove to particularly useful when people approach me at work and do not immediately believe that Winn Dixie allows teenagers to run their pharmacy department.

Plus, I just look plain smart!

I also highly recommend Dr. Tiffany West who works at the LensCrafters location on Airport Boulevard in Mobile.  She is professional, polite, intelligent, and even laughed at my corny jokes.  I suppose that last trait falls under the label of courteous.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been wear prescription eyeglasses for over 3 years. I bought them from GlassesShop.com which is really a good online glasses store.