Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nashville Tea Party - Round 2

Yesterday, I attended the Tax Day Tea Party here in our beautiful city of Nashville.  I knew the turnout would be much greater than the first event, but the actual attendance exceeded what I had expected.  Official estimates from police reports put the number of good Americans there around 10,000!  Of course, our liberal local newspaper reported it at only 3,000, though.  Surprised?

You should already know what this is all about (at least from reading my last post about it), so I won't explain the purpose of these events again.  I will just say that it appears to be getting pretty big.  Hopefully, it is leading to more things that our out-of-touch Congress and President might take notice of eventually.  Click the previous link to see for yourself.  I really have a lot of trouble believing the whole "smartest president ever" thing when he's not even aware of millions of Americans protesting his most prized legislation.  Even George W., the "dumbest president ever," was aware of it when just one stupid woman was hanging out on his ranch all the time.

I also can't help but appreciate the way CNN covers the tea parties.  Fair and Balanced!

Here are a few pictures I took from the tea party...

Before it all started

The people behind me stretched all the way back to the street.

I think Marsha Blackburn was speaking here.  She is cool like Sarah Palin.

2 comments:

kaylahatcher said...

I'd like to know where all of these protesters were back in November when Obama was elected!

I guess they have realized the MISTAKE they made!

Unknown said...

remember: we are the terrorists and bin laden just creates man-caused disasters.