Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I am Obama's Priority

There really is a lot going on in the world right now.

There are Muslim Somali pirates attacking shipping vessels and holding American citizens hostage, North Korea is restarting their nuclear programs, and a murderer is being convicted while donning a "Barack Obama Rocks" pin.

However, our leaders don't seem to be too concerned with addressing such trivial issues.  They have much more important things to worry about.

Instead, the Department of Homeland Security has issued an assessment in order to effectively deal with the apparent rise in Right Wing Extremism that is posing a threat to our country.  I guess that makes me... a terrorist?

Check out some of their findings in the official government document:
The DHS/Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) has no specific information that domestic rightwing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence...
... but they still found it necessary to use government funding to research this issue.  You can't help but appreciate government work, huh?  Furthermore...
Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of rightwing extremist groups...
Since I purchased a gun in anticipation of these proposed (i.e. inevitable) impositions from the Obama administration, I guess I fit into this category.  Crazy gun owners... I mean, terrorists!  Additionally...
DHS/I&A is concerned that rightwing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to boost their violent capabilities.
I'm so glad they love and respect our soldiers.  Read on...
Rightwing extremist paranoia of foreign regimes could escalate or be magnified in the event of an economic crisis or military confrontation, harkening back to the "New World Order" conspiracy theories of the 1990s.
Wait a minute, isn't a "New World Order" what British Prime Minister Gordon Brown said was emerging just a few days ago?  But, noooo, you're a terrorist threat if you're worried about our leaders becoming too chummy with Hugo Chavez and Kim Jong Il!  Even more...
Rightwing extremist chatter on the Internet continues to focus on the economy, the perceived loss of U.S. jobs in manufacturing and construction sectors, and home foreclosures.
I suppose my right wing internet chatter on this little ol' blog puts me in the category of those posing a direct threat to our country's welfare, also.  I'm afraid the FBI may break down my door any minute now and confiscate my keyboard.  I should type quickly.

Moreover, I'm not so sure the "loss of U.S. jobs" they mention here is only "perceived."  According to their own reports, it is actually taking place.  Obviously, they're not too bright, thought, since they can't even figure out that "right wing" is two words, not one.

Could you even begin to imagine the outrage from the mainstream media if Bush's administration had put out a document discussing the dangers of liberal extremism?  Ironically, liberal extremism actually does pose a considerable threat in the form of radical environmentalists, NOW, PETA, and Rosie O'Donnell.  (Yes, she may eventually consume the entire world's food supply).

Regardless of all these threats that Obama and his boys see looming, they can not point out a specific example of any planning of such activities in the entire document.  However, they could very well be passively referring to the tea parties being held all across the country tomorrow.  It would make a whole lot of sense considering the timing of this document's release.  But, I'm sure they're not really scared of a few groups of overtaxed citizens holding signs somewhere, are they?

Go to a Tea Party tomorrow if you love your freedom!  Locations are listed here.

No comments: