Friday, January 22, 2010

Things to Come

Some things I'm still looking forward to in the future:

1. The 1960's Ford Mustang I'll restore.

Ever since the day my dad sold his 1964 1/2 Mustang when I was 15, I've longed to sit behind the wheel of my very own. To be honest, I've already spent several hours researching this one and comparing prices of cars that are in desperate need of my TLC. Things look quite promising. Come to think of it, I still know where my dad's old car sits to this day. Hmm.....

2. Taking care of my lawn when I leave apartment life

Unfortunately, I have just learned that this one will mean that I may inadvertently and drastically increase my carbon footprint. Oh, the shame! According to a study for the University of California Irvine, my future lawn-of-the-month may help store carbon dioxide in its perfectly manicured blades of centipede, but this benefit is far offset by the carbon my mower, weed-eater, edger, and leaf blower will release.

Actually, this quandary will not deter me one bit in my efforts to produce a yard that you will drool over one day. Years spent under the tutorage of the great lawnman Lee Fore have predisposed me to this unique interest and given me the skills necessary to maintain a meticulously manicured turf.

3. Breaking 80

This one will be tough, especially considering that I am attempting this task without moving my ball like Ryan does. Fortunately, I have the benefit of a gift certificate for a lesson that my wife gifted me earlier this year. Maybe the tips I will learn when I use it in the Spring and a rekindled devotion proportional to the temperature will help me complete this one some time next year. A new set of irons wouldn't hurt, either.

4. The Return of Leroy

For those of you unaware who Leroy is, I really feel incredibly sorry for you. Leroy was and still is the greatest canine to ever walk (or run) on this planet. He was a puppy who came to live with me during my time in Auburn, but ultimately proved too energetic and destructive for my 14 x 52 trailer. Therefore, he now resides with his grandparents in Grand Bay and longs for his original master every day. Since living in a 2-bedroom apartment and working 15-hour shifts doesn't bode well with his temperament, he will regrettably remain at his current residence until I can procure sufficient living accommodations for him. Isn't that just sad?

I bet you thought I'd get political again with that title, huh? Sorry to disappoint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leroy's grandparents are also looking forward to the day when you acquire suitable living accommodations for him. It is entirely possible that Leroy himself will be a grandparent by that time, though.