Friday, February 27, 2009

Nashville Tea Party

Earlier toady, I got the opportunity to participate in my first official political rally!  Despite the unpleasant weather, difficulties of Nashville parking, and being fairly sick, I carried my hand-made poster downtown and staked my ground at Legislative Plaza with many other good Americans for the Nashville Tea Party.

There were actually many tea parties taking place all around the country today, most of which are listed here.  The primary purpose of these rallies was to bring attention to the outrageous level of spending from Obama and Congress right now and let them know that manyAmericans are unhappy about it.

There were plenty of well made signs with strong, concise messages being carried by my fellow protestors.  Some examples include, "Obamanomics:  Chains We Can Believe In" and If I'm Paying Your Mortgage, When Can I Move In?"  There were several speakers, such as Rep. Susan Linn and Tennessee Republican Party Chair Robin Smith, who delivered short messages about how the spending has really gotten out of hand and encouraged citizens to voice their discontent with it all.

It really was a lot of fun, and hopefully it will lead to more events like this in the future where opinions of the majority can be expressed.  I will definitely be in attendance, even if it makes me look like a jobless hippie.

Here are a couple of pictures from the rally that I found on the internet (Al Gore's most famous invention).  I'm in the first one with the white hat holding my cell phone up to take my own pictures of the event.  The other (hat tip to Libertas Populi) is of the guy I walked with from the parking deck to Legislative Plaza.  I don't know his name, but I like the sign he made.  Since you're probably dying to know, mine read, "'Punished With A Baby'?  Let's Punish Our Kids With Debt."  It wasn't very pretty since I only had time to make it after arriving at the rally (some people have to work), so I'm not showing it to you.


Some good pictures from the other tea parties around the country can be seen here.

Note:  I'm deeply sorry for not posting in over a week.  I hope you all had enough Xanax to get you through this difficult time.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first when I saw this, I thought, "It takes a very pussy-whipped man to go to a teaparty." When it turned out to be a political thing, I was glad to be wrong for the first time in a long time. I still have respect for you Ross The Boss.

Much love,
-JDS

Anonymous said...

Oh, and your political tastes can go to hell.

lol

Ross Hatcher said...

JDS? Not sure who you are.