Thursday, December 24, 2009

Response from Golf Digest

Following in the footsteps of my dear mother, I wrote a letter to the editor at Golf Digest a few weeks ago. Recently, their trend has been to write more stories about the impending disasters of global warming than about issues more pertinent to the game of golf. Am I wrong to expect such thing from a magazine called "Golf Digest?" Apparently I am, so I felt it was my supreme duty to send the editor an e-mail and share my unerring views.

I never got a response, so I assumed my letter was immediately sent to the "Trash" section of their inbox along with other correspondence that didn't mold well with their ideology. However, while searching my own name today on the internet via my new favorite search engine, Bing, I found something rather interesting under "Result 8 0f 93."

After clicking the link, I found that editor Bob Carney did take the time to give me a response, although somewhat lame and dodging. Click here to see it yourself.

Keep in mind that this is also the same publication features images of leader of the year Barack Obama and husband of the year Tiger Woods on the cover of its most recent issue with the headline "10 Tips Obama can Take From Tiger."


Like I told them already, "Tell me something about golf!"

No comments: